Whether you operate a call centre with ‘hot desk’ operations or a typical office and administration type occupation, Safety For Design can help advise on health and safety in an office environment.
The office is seen by many people as an environment that doesn’t carry potentially hazardous situations, not when you compare it to a construction site. However as an employer and employee you have legal responsibilities for the office health and safety of everyone affected by the business.
Occupational injuries are common-place in the office working environment and employees must be protected against hazards that without proper management can often go undetected and prove costly to organisations and individuals in the long run.
The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 require employers to make adequate arrangements for managing health and safety in their business.
At Safety For Design we offer a pragmatic and comprehensive range of health and safety consultancy services through our team of experienced practitioners who have a wealth of knowledge in the office type environment.
Health and safety doesn’t have to be time-consuming and complex, the key to effective safety, health and environmental management is to keep it simple yet develop a policy that your staff will buy into – one that demonstrates your commitment to their welfare.
What you must do:
Our range of services include:
- Arrange for one or more “competent persons” to help you to meet your duties under health and safety law;
- Appoint an employee, yourself or an outside consultant, provided that the person appointed is competent.
- Carry out suitable and sufficient risk assessments of the risks to employees, the self employed and persons affected by your undertaking, which may include members of the public and other persons employees;
- Provide information, instruction, training and supervision for employees to ensure risks are controlled so far as reasonably practicable.
- Workstation (DSE) Assessment
- Fire Risk Assessments
- Fire Marshall Training
- General Workplace Safety
- Workplace Risk Assessments
- Legionella Controls
- Compliance with The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992