St. Modwen Homes are a major house builder and within their business they are Client, Designer and Principal Contractor, specialising in building a variety of house types.
Safety For Design have acted as competent health and safety advisors for St. Modwen Homes from inception, providing the full range of health and safety support to the company, senior management and site management teams.
The service Safety For Design provide is all encompassing, including;
- Writing and updating the company safety, health and environmental policies and arrangements;
- Providing all site control documentation;
- Initial site specific risk assessments and outline Construction Method Statements;
- Environmental Management Plans;
- Collection of pre-construction information;
- Producing the project Construction Phase Plan;
- Site auditing and inspection programme;
- Collection of health and safety file and operation and maintenance information.
- On-site health and safety support, to include;
- Coordination of health and safety with site team;
- Updating site documentation;
- Fire risk assessments;
- Accident investigations;
- Contractor engagement process;
- Collating statistics and reports for senior level reporting;
- Legislation, guidance & best practice updates;
- Coordination with Sales.
The Safety For Design team have, for over 7 years, provided the complete range of safety, health and environmental support and advice for all aspects of the St. Modwen business.
With the arrival of CDM 2015 Safety For Design have been appointed as Principal Designer on their current 12 developments which are spread out across the country including Wales.
The sites vary in size, from 60 units to 200 units, with varying house types and design issues.
The coordination of different design teams used across the country in taking the developments from concept stage through to completion has presented its own challenges.
To overcome this problem, Safety For Design have developed a St. Modwen Homes CDM Policy which dictates the strategy for complying with CDM 2015, which all designers and the St Modwen Homes team must adhere to.