Career Opportunity – Principal Designers & CDM Advisors
Safety For Design Ltd (SFD) are looking for PD & CDM advisors to join their team. Due to continued growth and success SFD require health and safety professionals who can provide CDM advice to a wide range of major residential and commercial projects to achieve compliance with CDM 2015.
Candidates need to have the facility to work from home but will also be required to work from our Head Office in Whitchurch, Shropshire. We are looking for advisors to work on projects across the South East (inc. London) and South West (including South Wales) and therefore the position would not be suitable for those living further north than our Head Office in Shropshire.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on a large range of major building projects including high rise and new build, varying from fast turnaround fit-outs to large capital projects. The roles involve providing both health and safety advice and Principal Designer duties.
Key responsibilities include;
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently and as part of a team to deliver high quality CDM services to a range of projects;
- Undertaking monitoring site visits and inspections to determine H&S compliance;
- Assisting with the successful management of CDM projects, to ensure projects are compliant;
- Quality checking to ensure output from projects is of a high standard;
- Attending project and design meetings, raising issues highlighted by project and drawing review;
- Preparation of detailed documents, inc. PCI’s, DRA’s, CPP reviews, H&S File, etc. to an appropriate standard suitable for issue to the project team;
- Working with the Company’s bespoke CDM Policy.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Construction industry experience;
- Ability to work on multiple projects;
- NEBOSH General and Construction Certificate with post qualification experience;
- A thorough knowledge of CDM2015 regulations and associated legislation;
- Registered Member of Association of Project Safety (IMaPS or CMaPS) desirable;
- A sound understanding of the principles of risk reduction and design process;
- Good standard of IT skills, e.g. Word, Excel are required.
Salary – £30k – £47k, dependent on experience and qualifications + car/travel expenses.
- 26 days annual leave per annum, plus 8 days paid bank holidays per annum;
- Auto enrollment into the Company Pension Scheme on successful completion of probationary period;
- Professional membership fees paid;
- Childcare vouchers;
- Perkbox benefit scheme.
If this interests you, please forward your CV to Liz on email firstname.lastname@example.org.