BA (Hons), CMaPS
Sam’s first role within the company included the implementation of health & safety systems for our customers, including SHE Management Systems. Sam has worked closely with the development of the systems used by St. Modwen Properties PLC as well as developing and implementing tools to monitor and display Accident Frequency Rates (AFR). During this time, Sam also acted as a point of contact for a number of our customers and for St. Modwen across their various regions.
Sam’s role within the company has grown to assist in the management of our construction projects. Firstly, becoming an auditor of construction sites, monitoring both on site activities and management of documentation as well as providing recommendations for the improvement of the site.
In more recent times Sam has taken on further responsibility across our larger sites, including taking a leading role in Millbrook Park, a multi-phase residential development in North London, providing comprehensive advice to the development team and monitored site operations through regular auditing and attendance at development coordination meetings. Sam has been instrumental in helping the team coordinate major house builders such as Taylor Wimpey, Linden Homes, Countryside Properties and Cala Homes, as well as Keir, building a primary school and Natta undertaking the site wide infrastructure. Sam also acts as Principal Designer for different packages of works across the Millbrook Park development.
Sam has also been heavily involved with the St. Andrews Park development at the Former RAF Uxbridge, including overseeing the demolition of the site wide buildings and coordinating the site logistics with respect to the various Principal Contractors on site including Persimmon Homes, and now taking an active role in the construction of the new town centre with the residential apartment blocks and retail buildings as well as acting as Principal Designer for the District Park works.
In August 2017 Sam was promoted to Associate Director and now oversees our advisors on all our CDM projects, coordinating our role as pre-construction Principal Designer on a wide range of projects, as well as continuing with his own projects in various capacities.
Benefits to the Client:
- Excellent IT skills;
- Excellent communicator and co-ordinator at all levels;
- Good knowledge of health and safety systems;
- Very competent in researching and providing health and safety information;
- Experience of working with different types of Client;
- Experience of a wide range of construction activities;
- Significant knowledge of the implementation of CDM 2015, particularly at pre-construction stage.
Relevant Courses, training and qualifications:
- Construction Skills Health and Safety Test – Professionally Qualified Person;
- Construction Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course and certificate;
- NEBOSH National General Certificate, (qualification);
- NEBOSH National General Certificate Construction, (qualification);
- Membership of IOSH;
- NHBC Scaffold Appreciation Inspection course;
- Certified Member of Association for Project Safety;
- RIBA Principal Designer course;
- Association for Project Safety – CDM2015 online examination;
- IOSH Managing Safety
- CDM2015 Design Risk Management course and exam;
- Numerous CPD events with the APS, RIBA and others, including – Temporary Works – Design Risk Management – Asbestos in Construction – Improving Construction Health and Safety – Coordinating the Construction Phase etc.
Contact Sam – firstname.lastname@example.org