BSc (Hons), Adv Dip (Open), EDM, PIEMA
Patrick began his career after graduating from University with an Honours Degree in Applied Chemistry. He has experience in several industries covering Chemical, Oil & Gas, Local Authority and the Aviation industry.
Starting off in chemical and laboratory work, Patrick moved into the Oil and Gas industry where he worked as an Offshore Production Chemist on a North Sea platform. He found his role increasingly involved in health and safety and environmental protection and enthusiastically took a leading role in the platform’s environmental team and played a key role in the platform achieving ISO14001 Environmental Management System.
The role then took Patrick back onshore to work for an Oil and Gas maintenance and construction company providing environment advice to onshore Projects and offshore installations. An opportunity arose to provide project support to Flour AMEC Malampaya, Philippines project which lead to Patrick developing and implementing an ISO 14001 Environmental Management System whilst in country.
A move back to the UK saw Patrick take up a post with a local authority developing, implementing and maintaining an ISO 14001 Environmental Management System covering the main headquarters, a satellite office and a waste management depot. Patrick then moved into the passenger aviation industry working for busy regional airports and integrating environmental management into the existing health and safety management systems. The scope of works took in a variety of areas from administration office, engineering workshop, airport fire station, the terminal building, cargo building, multiple car parks, the airfield runway air and water quality. During this time, Patrick wrote and developed several key strategy documents including a Climate Change Adaptation Plan, endorsed by the Secretary of State for the Environment, and a Noise Action Plan, endorsed by the airport’s local authority.
Since Patrick has joined Safety for Design he has developed into a very strong member of the health and safety team, providing enthusiastic and excellent support to the construction industry.
Patrick’s knowledge in the environmental aspects of health and safety has proved invaluable particularly with work Safety For Design are undertaking with the Ministry of Defence.
Benefits to the Client:
- Shows great empathy with others;
- Knowledge of environmental issues within a variety of industries;
- Logical approach to any given problem;
- Experienced in environmental incident investigations;
- Has extensive knowledge and experience of implementing environmental management systems.
Relevant Courses, Training and Qualifications
- NEBOSH General Certificate;
- Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Principal Designer course and exam;
- Site Managers Safety Training Scheme course and certificate;
- Lead Environmental Management Systems and Internal Auditor ISO14001;
- Practitioner Institute of Environment Management and Assessment;
- Construction Skills Health and Safety Test – Professionally Qualified Person;
- Undertaken various CPD training sessions with The Association for Project Safety (APS).
Contact Patrick : email@example.com