Matthew is a conscientious, committed and adaptable safety professional with excellent interpersonal and communication skills harnessed in the challenging working environments of construction and waste management.
Matthew has gained several years of practical as well as theoretical experience in these high hazard environments, comprising risk assessments, safe working procedures, leading & lagging indicators, safety coaching, accident investigation, compiling reports as well as on-site inspections and auditing.
Matthew also has experience in developing, maintaining and auditing management systems based on OHSAS 18001. Matthew is a qualified manual handling trainer and has experience with developing and delivering accident investigation training.
(In 2012 Matthew supported SITA/previous employer in achieving the ROSPA Gold achievement award (site level) at first time of asking. Matthews particular interest with ROSPA is based on a fascination with ongoing progression and improvement linked with strong safety leadership).
Benefits to the client:
- Ability to communicate complex risks (at all levels) with a view to implementing control measures to reduce the impact / exposure to individuals;
- Good knowledge of health and safety across a wide range of industries;
- Competent in researching & providing health and safety information;
- Excellent IT skills;
Relevant courses, training and qualifications.
- NEBOSH General certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- NEBOSH National certificate in Construction Health and Safety
- CISRS Basic Scaffold Inspection
- CSCS professionally qualified person card holder
- OHSAS 18001 – Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems Lead Auditor
- Manual Handling – Trainer and Instructor Course