DipSM, Tech IOSH, CMaPS
Mark started his health and safety and construction experience in 1990 as site manager for Müller Dairy UK in Market Drayton and was heavily involved in the construction of the new dairy with further construction project management functions to develop the dairy into one of the biggest dairy production facilities in the UK; a position it retains to this day.
Mark has extensive experience implementing company health and safety management systems, providing health and safety support and advice for a wide selection of companies in the building and construction industry, manufacturing and production industries and the service and support sector.
Marks experience includes new build, refurbishment, general construction and demolition, major remediation projects, and explosive demolition. Gaining a significant amount of experience in the construction industry working as health and safety coordinator through the development of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations for the full spectrum of the construction industry.
In 2013 Mark and his team started work as CDM-C on the new build, £450m Swansea Bay University project. This project brought in the CDM2015 Regulations and Safety For Design took on the role of Principal Designer. Mark developed a CDM Strategy, which was implemented and developed on the Swansea Bay University project and is now used on all construction projects where Safety For Design act as Principal Designer. This strategy is fully auditable and used to take a project from the initial design phase to handover to the end user.
Because of Marks involvement with numerous working groups in the development of The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015, Mark has been able to ensure Safety For Design are leading the way in complying with the CDM 2015 Regulations, with demonstrable success.
Benefits to the Client;
- Experienced Principal Designer, with good knowledge of design hazards and mitigation controls;
- Excellent communicator and coordinator at all levels;
- Extensive knowledge of health and safety in all areas of business;
- Experience gained from working on all types of construction and building projects;
- Experience of working with different types of Client;
- Experienced accident investigator giving Mark the foresight to introduce pro-active accident prevention controls.
Relevant Courses, training and qualifications;
- Diploma in health and safety management;
- Association for Project Safety CDM2015 Design Risk Management course and exam;
- Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Principal Designer course and exam;
- Acceptance as Registered Member (Principal Designer) of the Association for Project Safety;
- Site Managers Safety Training Scheme course and certificate;
- BOHS – P402 Certificate in the surveying and sampling of buildings for asbestos;
- Emergency First Aid Responder.
- Construction Skills Health and Safety Test – Professionally Qualified Person;
- Undertaken various CPD training sessions with The Association for Project Safety (APS);
- The Management of CDM Co-Ordination course and exam;
- Acceptance as Registered Member (CDM-Coordinator) of the Association for Project Safety;
- Membership of IOSH.
- Wastewater effluent treatment and management;
- Waste management and environmental protection;
- Principles of effective management course and exam;
- Certificate in safety management course and exam;
- Management of occupational health course;
- Communicating the safety message course;
- Total loss control;
- Member International Institute of Risk and Safety Management;
Contact Mark – email@example.com
“I instructed Mark Dyche of Safety For Design to act as an expert witness dealing with some complex health and safety issues in a very hard fought, complex piece of property litigation. Mark was able to identify the key issues clearly and quickly and able to communicate his expert views persuasively and effectively throughout the litigation. Mark was a pleasure to deal with, he inspired trust and confidence not only in me but also crucially in my client and our Counsel. Mark gave an excellent account of himself in the witness box, standing up well to questioning by Queen’s Counsel and providing compelling and powerful evidence.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Mark’s services as an expert witness to any of my clients or any other solicitors in the future.” – Simon Burns Solicitors