Grad IOSH, IMaPS
Liz was introduced to health and safety in 1983 when joining Boots the Chemist, as Supervisor and then Department Manager when representing her department on the health and safety committee. Since then it has become a priority in each area of business she has worked in.
Her role as Customer Relations Manager, for Muller Dairy developed that further when communicating health and safety controls within her department through to senior management and board level.
After 17 years at Muller Liz’s enthusiasm for health and safety drove her to join Mark, gaining her NEBOSH General Certificate so she could pursue the challenges created by this very diverse and interesting subject.
Liz has gone on to act as health and safety advisor for a large variety of retail, manufacturing and production customers whilst developing her construction knowledge through the NEBOSH General Certificate in Construction and the CITB’s Construction Site Managers Safety Training Scheme.
Liz has now taken on the role of Client Support where, with her health and safety knowledge, coupled with her skill in communication and coordination make her a valuable asset to clients as she can appropriately assess their needs and support the team in ensuring it is delivered.
Liz has acted as supporting consultant to the team on a wide selection of CDM projects for which SFD has been appointed Principal Designer and CDM Advisor to the Client and Principal Contractor.
Liz has worked on projects such as high rise buildings and shopping centre developments in Central London and demolition and remediation projects on former BP sites across the country.
Benefits to the Client;
- Excellent communicator and co-ordinator at all levels;
- Good knowledge of health and safety in the service and construction industries;
- Conscientious in providing a high standard of product and service;
- Excellent office and organisational skills.
Relevant Courses, training and qualifications;
- NEBOSH National General Certificate, Feb 2006 (qualification);
- NEBOSH National General Certificate Construction, Aug 2008 (qualification);
- Acceptance as Registered Member (CDM-Co-Ordinator) of the Association for Project Safety;
- Membership of IOSH;
- Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Principal Designer course and exam;
- Emergency First Aid at Work;
- Introduction to CDM2015 workshop (Internal);
- Acceptance as Incorporated Member (IMaPS) of the Association of Project Safety.
- Construction Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (course and certificate);
- Basic food hygiene certificate;
- British Safety Council health and safety course;
- Supervisors/Managers training course, (Internal/Boots);
- General health & safety training course 1995, inc manual handling – fire safety – first aid;
- Health & Safety for Managers course 1996 (Internal/Muller Dairy);
- Attained Graduate Member status of IOSH;
- Construction Skills Health and Safety Test July 2015;
- Undertaken various CPD training sessions with The Association for Project Safety;
- Health & Safety Law CPD April 2008 (Internal);
- CDM 2007 Module 1 & 2 CPD Feb 2008 (Internal);
Contact Liz – email@example.com