DipNEBOSH, GradIOSH, IMaPS
Craig is a British Army veteran with experience working under pressure in challenging circumstances. Health and safety began for Craig with a risk management role at an Adventure Training Centre in the Bavarian Alps. Later in his Army career he further developed the lessons learned in outdoor pursuits into military operations in Afghanistan.
As part of his Army resettlement, Craig gained employment with Remploy Automotive in Coventry, working with disadvantaged and disabled persons. He found the work both humbling and rewarding at Remploy and enjoyed working with the people there. He attained competency in internal auditing the company and helped further develop the already robust safety attitude in place.
Craig moved on to work in northern Iraq as a Health and Safety Trainer. This was for a Norwegian Oil Company and he worked with both Kurdish Nationals, Indians and Chinese within this environment. He helped implement a Behavioural Based System and a new Permit to Work System, bridging many cultural gaps, ensuring that the company worked safer together as a team. Craig was also involved in the construction of an extension to the diesel and oil Central Production Facility. This entailed chairing health and safety meetings, monitoring safety in the workplace and establishing other processes such as Hazard Operability Studies. On occasion Craig was called on to investigate accidents and help find solutions to prevent re-ocurrance.
Craig returned to the UK and worked for a training company delivering a wide range of safety courses to many different industries including B.A.e., BMW, EON and Diary Crest.
Craig has extensive knowledge and experience of developing and implementing management systems based on ISO 14001 and ISO TS16949 alongside carrying out risk assessments and comprehensive site audits on varying scales. Craig has the ability to compile the findings in detailed reports and make site specific recommendations and develop tailored action plans to suit any business.
He later began work for XPO Logistics, a global Logistics company, as their National SHEQ Training Manager. In all he personally trained over 230 people during his tenure there.
Further opportunities arose and he worked for the Employment Law Advisory Service as a consultant. There he wrote policies, procedures and provided training to a multitude of customers.
Craig’s main client is St. Modwen Homes, a leading national house builder with currently 14 sites and up to 1000 plus units on some sites. Craig undertakes the Principal Designer role supported by his team, working mainly from our Rugby office.
Benefits to the Client;
- Excellent diplomacy skills and an emphatic co-ordinator at all levels;
- Good Knowledge of health and safety across a wide range of industries;
- An excellent trainer who can deliver with limited resources at the drop of a hat;
- Experience of working with different types of Client from different cultures and with different abilities;
- Experienced in developing SHE management systems and writing policy.
Relevant Courses, Training and Qualifications.
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health;
- NEBOSH General Certificate;
- Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Principal Designer course and exam;
- Site Managers Safety Training Scheme course and certificate;
- Graduate level membership with the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH);
- Radiation Protection Supervisor;
- Preparing To Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS);
- Portable Appliance Tester;
- Fire Risk Assessment and Fire Safety Management (FPA);
- Undertaken various CPD training sessions with The Association for Project Safety (APS).
Contact Craig : email@example.com